Thursday, December 22, 2011

PRESS RELEASE: Carrie Bagalio at Black Cap Coffee in Stowe

Townsend Gallery at Black Cap Coffee proudly presents the oil paintings and prints of Carrie Bagalio for the month of January. She paints using brilliant colors and energetic patterns to express a positive visual statement. Bagalio aspires to draw attention to the seemingly insignificant moments everyone experiences that make life beautiful, uplifting and significant. Come meet the Stowe based artist at the exhibition reception to be held on Friday, January 20th from 4-6 pm at 144 Main St Stowe.

Artist Statement: With oil on canvas I express my perception of life and energy in the spirit of my generation. The essential connections I've had with other people, the emotions they have evoked in me, and the moments I've shared with them intrigue and inspire me.

My images come from photographs I've taken of present day people in everyday life, focusing on pop culture in small towns. I paint using brilliant colors and energetic patterns to express a positive visual statement. I aspire to draw attention to the seemingly insignificant moments everyone experiences that make life beautiful, uplifting and significant.