Monday, February 6, 2012

PRESS RELEASE: Seth Tracy, Matt Riley, and Travis Dunning at Korongo Gallery in Randolph

Seth Tracy, Matt Riley & Travis Dunning
Emerging Randolph artists
February 10 – March 11, 2012

Reception/Vernissage
Friday, February 10, from 5 to 7 p.m.


Seth Tracy says he doesn’t do art; art does him. “For as long as I can remember, I have been surrounded by art. Nowadays, I am bound by the skateboarder and graffiti cultures,” influences that show in various ways, including the usage of graffiti tools and old skateboards. Seth’s artwork is usually abstract. “Ink is my favorite medium because it drips.”


“I see things in places where others see nothing,” Matt Riley says: “Dogs in scraped-up paint on old concrete walls, characters in the cracks of the road, and faces everywhere, eyes, noses, jawlines, and teeth.” Matt enjoys things that are where they should not be but that fit in anyway. That’s what he tries to create: “Nonsense with a sci-fi feel. Gizmos and gadgets of a mind-wanderer.”


“I have many sources of inspiration,” says Travis Dunning, “from scary movies, from comics, also from stress and the environment. Most of the time, I just pick up a pen or a brush and start with what comes to my mind.” Travis’s emphasis on black outlines is inspired by comic books. He says that he has been drawing for as long as he can remember, and has taken it seriously for the past five years.

Korongo Gallery is at 18 Merchants Row in Randolph.