Monday, February 4, 2013

TUNBRIDGE: "American Wilderness and Habitats," by artist Joan Hoffmann

Opening Reception: Sunday, February 3, from 2-4 p.m. 
The public is invited.  

Tunbridge by Joan Hoffmann
American Wilderness and Habitats: Oils and Watercolors,
a solo show by Royalton, Vt., artist Joan Hoffmann, will be on display at the Tunbridge Public Library from January 28, 2013 until 
March 22, 2013.

Tunbridge Public Library
289 Route 110
Tunbridge, VT
Contact librarian Jean Wolfe at
802-889-9404 for more information. Directions and library hours
are below.



Joan Hoffmann's Artist's Statement:
I'm a wilderness landscape oil painter, advocate and adventurer in the American West. My impressionistic landscapes in oil and watercolor reflect a life in the landscape. I work to preserve the landscape I paint.

World's Fair Grounds by Joan Hoffmann

Joan Hoffmann's Bio:
I'm a native Californian and in the early 1960's, I began backpacking and outdoor painting. I have been an advocate and activist for wilderness. I through-hiked five hundred miles of the Colorado Trail in 1999 for my fiftieth birthday. In 2000, I walked across California from Pt Reyes to Squaw Valley-the Discovery Trail, painting habitats. I rafted and painted two hundred forty miles on the Colorado River, Grand Canyon, 2006, 2009. I lecture on History of American Landscape Painting, National Parks and Public Lands. I celebrated with an art show in Steamboat Springs, CO, “Forty years Painting Routt County.”

I teach Painting Classes and Mentor Experienced Painters in reaching their goals and career choices; AVA in Lebanon, NH, Pt Reyes Seashore Field Institute in CA and Plein Air Painting in the Red Desert, Wyoming Wilderness Assoc., Studio South Royalton, Vermont



Tunbridge Public Library
289 Route 110
Tunbridge, VT
Contact librarian Jean Wolfe at 802-889-9404 for more information.

Directions: The library is in the center of Tunbridge village, across from the Post Office, about five miles north of Route 14.

Hours: The library’s hours are Monday and Wednesday, 3-8 p.m.,
Thursday and Friday, 3-6 p.m., and
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.