Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PRESS RELEASE: Grace Cothalis at Vintage Jewelers in Burlington


Grace Cothalis will exhibit her work from October 7th – November 28th, 2011 atVintage Jewelers, 125 College Street, Burlington. There will be an Opening Reception on Friday October 7th, 5 – 8 p.m. Store hours are Monday - Friday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

The artist will be donating 10% of any sales from this show to The Vermont Disaster Relief Fund (www.vermont211.org).

Artist’s statement

My earliest and happiest art experience is of finger painting in kindergarten. It was pure color and tactile joy, the paint soaking through my apron and clothes! Since then I’ve been to art school, worked as a graphic designer and art director as well as random jobs as a manufacturing technician and sewing in an alterations shop.

Thanks to the encouragement of Sabina Evarts and Jolene Garanzha (fellow artists) I am back in the creative process, enjoying kindergarten happiness. These paintings, monoprints and collages are my most recent pieces; in them I enjoyed exploring vibrant colors – with an occasional dose of whimsy!

I seem to engage in a visual conversation with each piece I create and hopefully you also will find yourself in your own dialogue as you enter each work.

Image: Lady Bird