Tuesday, June 19, 2012

PRESS RELEASE: Linda Berg Maney at Speeder & Earl's in Burlington

Linda Berg Maney will be exhibiting paintings at Speeder & Earl's on Pine Street in Burlington in an exhibit curated by SEABA, from July 6-August 31.

Artist Statement:
I work in various media (watercolor, acrylic, oil, collage, monoprint) exploring the abstract art form. My techniques are the use of color, shape, movement and texture.

Sometimes, I like windows, moons, hearths and fire for inspirations. Other times, I like to experiment knowing that when I like it, it is done. I enjoy the freedom of abstract art.  I like the way it makes me feel. If the art is open to interpretation by the creator, then it also open to interpretation by the viewer.  This exhibit at Speeder and Earl's features the full range of my work.

I am a mostly self-taught artist, but I have studied at Studio Place Arts, Vermont Studio Canter and Vermont Art Event workshops. I share a studio in Montpelier, Vermont with another artist.