Friday, June 8, 2012

PRESS RELEASE: Marian Willmott at Pine Street Deli in Burlington

Marian Willmott will be showing at Pine Street Deli from June 1 - August 31, 2012

Artist’s Statement by Marian Willmott:

I live in the beauty and solitude of Vermont’s mountains.  I am drawn to trees - their gestures, the crawl of roots, the arching of a branch.  I’m intrigued by an evocative entrance or passage under a rock or into a hole at the base of a trunk.  I love patterns – the spiral of a snail, the symmetry of an unfurling fern, the branching of veins and rivers.  And I’m moved by the energy manifested everywhere – in decay and new growth and in the symphony of insects, birds, wind, leaves, and breath.

My work includes monoprints, oil painting and poetry. My approach is intuitive, exploring what arises during the creative process, often working in the realm of metaphor and dream.  I strive to stay present to the mystery we are a part of and deepen the encounter.

Image: Philosophy